Saturday, 12 December 2009

the BIG news of Dubai

So, for the past week something has made headlines every day, every news cycle. It's been on the TV news stations about Dubai, and it's been on the hourly news updates on the radio. What's most interesting about this news piece is how absolutely no one would care if they didn't live in Dubai. It's one of those local piece of news that we love here. However, since I am not from here, I must express that this is probably the funniest piece of news since Balloon Boy.

Also, this is not news worthy!!!! Doesn't Dubai have plenty of other things to report on? The economic problems Dubai is facing. Terrible treatment of labor workings. Destroyed eco systems due to ill-planned and money-focused The Palm and The World. Oh right, I forgot that we don't mention the bad things in the news.

Ok, so you want to know what the news was?

Here it is: It's supposed to rain this weekend.

1 comment: